Project Proposal Form
Below you’ll find the UTFAB Project Pre-Proposal Submission form. Please direct any questions about the use of this form to Jason Huitt and Jamie McCue.
UTFAB proposal consideration guidelines are contained in Article VII, Section 1 of the UTFAB Bylaws:
“The UTFAB will evaluate project plan proposals by the following criteria (in no specific order):
- The project’s ability to benefit as many Colorado State University students as possible;
- The project’s ability to effectively utilize the fee;
- The project proposal is not funded through individual college Charges for Technology;
- The project’s adherence to its planned budget and accountability for its expenses throughout the past fiscal year, if appropriate;
- The project’s potential for direct student use;
- The effort, thought, justification and clarity reflected in the project plan and presentation;
- The justification for the project provided to the Board in the form of quantitative student usage information;
- The level of financial co-sponsorship being contributed to the project by the University;
- The project’s contribution to the overall balance between central and distributed technology in the University information technology environment;
- The proposed technology or service is not currently provided through other University Technology Fee-funded projects;
- The costs and potential benefits of the project; and
- The project’s effort to address or include sustainability considerations such as: the purchase of ENERGY STAR rated equipment (whenever possible or feasible); select EPEAT registered products (whenever possible or feasible); equipment or technology that minimizes energy consumption through low energy use design or settings; energy conservation practices; life – cycle assessments; paper savings; minimization of packaging materials; and/or plan for proper disposal at end of useful life.
- The project’s ability to promote and assist the academic mission of Colorado State University as it relates to student success.